Getting fashion products to customers involves entering into a series of business relationships – all of which require commercial agreements. We have special expertise in advising on supply and agency agreements. Our fashion clients benefit from our advice on concession, shop-in-shop and franchise agreements. We also know the tricks behind conditions of sale.
Our commercial experience covers advising on a variety of commercial and business transactions including:
- Analysing existing agency, distributorship, supply or franchise agreements and advising on any deficiencies or areas of improvement
- Negotiating and drafting agreements to formalise or vary the terms of existing agency, distributorship, supply or franchise arrangements
- Drafting standard terms and conditions of sale and purchase
- Advising on data protection and privacy requirements
- Advising on areas of digital commerce
- Advised DKH Retail Limited (owners of the SUPERDRY brand) in preparing and negotiating franchise agreements for a number of Asian markets
- Prepared agency and distribution agreement for the following territories: Belgium, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands and South Korea
- Advising footwear agent on the taking of a new agency for the continental footwear brand
- Acting for footwear agent on the making of a claim under the Commercial Agents Regulation against a well-known brand.
Steve Sidkin: “He is the leading authority in the UK on Fashion Agency law, so the quality of services is second to none”, and “he is absolutely excellent – he clearly identified options and provided high quality and speedy communication.” Chambers UK