- 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A1AF
- +44 (0) 20 7628 2000
Paul is a partner in our Corporate department.
As well as advising clients on a range of corporate issues such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity, Paul has specialist banking and insolvency expertise. He has recently set up and leads Fox Williams’ Start-Up practice group.
Paul has advised brands and other companies operating in the fashion sector for many years. From the mid 1990’s, he advised ICD (Holdings) Limited on its corporate acquisitions and disposals including the acquisition/sale of brands such as Amanda Wakeley, Ronald Joyce and the supply chain to Next. At Fox Williams, Paul has advised fashion clients as diverse as Superdry down to many start-up companies in the fashion space.
Representative transactions include:
- Negotiating trade finance facilities for SuperGroup from HSBC as part of SuperGroup's full market list
- Advising several US parents and UK subsidiaries on the refinancing of their global bank facilities
- Advising the shareholders’ on the sale of four Pandora franchise stores back to Pandora Group plc
- The restructuring of the Inexcess Fashion Group
- Advising Catherine Deane on the restructuring of the company’s share capital
- Advising on the pre-pack acquisition of the business of Washington Green Art galleries
- Advising various companies on wrongful trading concerns
- Advising on the enforcement of retention of title issues
- Helping establish UC co’s for US companies such as Venus by Maria Tash Inc and JBC Style Inc
- Advising HipChips Limited on various matters since their launch including various rounds of fundraising
- Advising Street Car on various stages of its development and advising management on its disposal to Zip Car Limited
Feedback from clients/directories include:
- Paul Taylor has "excellent legal and management skills." (Chambers 2017)
- “I remain the most grateful client you will ever have. Thank you. Just wonderful.”
- “Paul Taylor worked tirelessly (and wet nursed) two Corporate finance novices through this deal! “Importantly, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your guidance and negotiating throughout this process. I have been extremely impressed and grateful.“
Read more of my articles:
Insolvency a'threatening? Who ya gonna call?