- 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A1AF
- +44 (0) 20 7628 2000
Laura joined Fox Williams as a trainee solicitor in 2010 and qualified as an associate in September 2012 into the firm’s Commerce and Technology department. She was promoted to senior associate in 2018. Laura is a member of the firm’s fashion law and agent law teams.
To date, Laura has acted for various clients in the fashion industry in relation to contentious and non-contentious matters. In particular she has advised a number of fashion principals on their commercial agreements.
Examples of the work which Laura has recently carried out include:
- advising a footwear brand over the course of several months on the termination of a number of their agents across Europe, the process which the client should follow, the calculation of the indemnity payments due to each agent and the overall exposure to the business;
- advising a footwear brand in respect of a dispute with a former Irish agent over the amount owed on termination of the agency agreement and obtaining a settlement before the matter proceeded to court;
- advising a luxury fashion house on the terms of a proposed licence agreement;
- advising a footwear brand on bringing a claim against a former agent for wrongful termination of their agency contract which subsequently settled out of court;
- revising an existing agency agreement for the principal, a handbag company, and re-drafting the agreement to include clauses whereby minimising the principal’s exposure to agents and maximising the agent’s performance; and
- drafting international trademark licenses and domain name transfers whilst liaising with foreign lawyers to obtain local law advice;
- reviewing the terms of a distributorship agreement between a Dutch fashion brand and their UK distributor, and advising the distributor on it non-compete obligations under the agreement; and
- drafting and advising on a variety of commercial contracts in respect of data protection, compliance with UCTA and amendments to privacy policies to ensure compliance with the cookies laws.
Laura has written articles on various legal issues which have been published in Intellectual Property Magazine.
Laura graduated from Bristol University in 2008 with an honours degree in Law. After taking a gap year during which she worked in a small law firm and then spent time in Spain and Central America. Laura completed the LPC in 2010, achieving a distinction.